ELECTRIC ARC PROTECTION
Our Switchgears were tested under arc conditions according to DIN/EN 60439-2 and avail of additional proofs for personal safety and system protection.
Electric arcs in swichgears are a considerable potential danger for the operating and maintenance personnel as well as for the system itself.
At EAS, we understand electric arc protection as a combination of passive and active safety:
Passive safety by constructive measurements
- Creation of individual functional spaces by internal subdivision
- Isolation of the bus bars and connection screws
Active safety by arc detection and elimination
Creation of an additional switch panel with a
- sensor system for data collection
- 3-pole circuit breaker element
- release device at the circuit breaker
- light sensitive sensors inside the cabinet